Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lifting - Day 3

First off, it is retarded that blogger causes the interface to post if you accidentally hit enter in the Title field. Yay for empty posts! Morons.

Secondly, I am a bit peeved.

We purchased a leg extension bit for our bench so that I could move on to the Next Phase (TM) of the workout. I hadn't used one in many many years, but didn't think much about it.

Until I tried it with no weight.

*extend*
*crreeeeeeaaak go the knees*
*brow furrows*
Hmm...
*allow legs to retract in a controlled fashion*
*knees go CRACK creak pop ow*
Oh, shit.

I identify within three reps that this is not something I can do. I can probably use it for hamstring curls, but the main motion that it was intended for? Yeah, no dice. There's a great investment for you. :P

I grumbled and bitched, and though Daven was doing his own workout, he suggested I try doing leg presses, since it would at least be something.

I was supposed to be doing 4 sets with reps steadily decreasing as the weight went up. Yanno. A pyramid.

I got through 14 of 15 reps at the first weight, and by the second weight my knees had decided that no, fuck you, we aren't working anymore. I got 3 whole reps before I had to stop my workout entirely and come inside.

So. That's fucking irritating. I've emailed Shelby, and hopefully he'll have an alternative.

Oh, and to add injury to other, differenter injury, I scraped a chunk off of my shin when I was getting out of the leg press machine. It burns like crazy, and I wonder if there is a god of shins I should be aware of and start making little sacrifices to, because I have beaten the everliving hell out of my shins since I moved here. A brief recap of injuries:
- June: Fell in an 18" deep hole and nearly broke my left leg. Got a massive bone bruise out of the deal and a limp for quite a while.
- August: An inauspicious month. I was unloading the leg press when one of the handles slipped off and it scraped a big whack of skin off of my right calf and smashed my left foot. Shortly thereafter, I was pushing a wheelbarrow across the pasture when it got caught on a clump of grass. The wheelbarrow stopped. I, unfortunately, hadn't gotten that message yet and walked full speed into the metal back, again damaging my right shin bone.
- September: Wore Cute Boots (TM) to the airport to pick up Daven. Found out they had a "decorative" metal tab on the front that had the sole purpose of slowly skinning your shin bones. Though I barely walked around in them, and I had put on band aids just in case such a thing were to happen, I still ended up with nice gouges out of my legs.
I apparently had shed enough blood that October wasn't too painful, and now I'm back to having some missing skin.

Please, shin gods. Please stop punishing me. I don't know what I did, but I get that you are angry. A sign of how to behave better would be nice. Unless you're just bloodthirsty bastards who demand blood.

...OK, so, that got a little off-topic, but long story short: Need a new main motion for legs. Hopefully Shelby will get one to me and I'll be able to re-try this tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment