Monday, November 15, 2010

Workout 2. Ow.

So. Deadlifts. I haven't done those since...ooh...the beginning of 2008.

Ow.

I am a wimp. I have a feeling that is going to be my mantra. I'm sure I will go up quickly in DLs, once I get my form down on them.

The "ow" is actually not what you'd expect...it's my abs. They hate me. I did swiss ball crunches this morning after my cardio, and apparently Daven has done a good job in training me to contract my core when lifting, because dude. I feel like I've been punched repeatedly.

I took a second dose of the energy pill immediately after the workout, since I had the feeling I was going to crash out again. I think I'll have an easier time remembering to take that dose on this plan, since it is evil and makes me fall over. (Not as badly as Daven. He literally fell down after two of his sets of front squats.)

After one of my (wimpy) sets of ez bar curls, all I could do was repeat "fuck you. fuck you. fuck you." over and over again for about a minute. I was trying to say anything else, but that was all I had left of a vocabulary.

Fun side effect of the day: After lifting, my delts were rock hard for the better part of an hour. C'mon, blood flow! Make those suckers grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment