Monday, November 15, 2010

Well, that was surprising

Yesterday's workout, which was challenging, but was very body-part specific (I'm more used to full body motions) seemed like it wasn't terribly energy intensive. Apparently, that was an incorrect assessment of it. Got inside, ate the post workout meal and mentally crashed out. We lifted around 14:00 or thereabouts, and the rest of the evening was spent being exhausted and wanting to sleep. I barely even knit, resorting instead to reading, since it didn't involve moving my arms at all. A shower and then bed before 21:00.

Mental note: Do not underestimate the power of the body building split. It will kick my ass and I need to be prepared for that.

Just for kicks, I stepped back on the scale this morning, and in one day I was already back down 1.5 lbs. Yeah, that cheat week should hopefully fall off my ass with relative ease.

This morning I decided I needed a little...assistance with my energy, so I re-started the very bare minimum of the supplement stack that I had been on for the first 12 week session. That perked me right up, and I organized the pantry/kitchen shelves so that they actually make more sense now. However, every time I picked up a jar of canned peaches or applesauce, my delts howled at me.

Well done, workout. I look forward to seeing what the results of all of this unexpected ass-kicking will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment